The Great British Slurp Off T&C's
THE GREAT BRITISH SLURP OFF 2022 COMPETITION
By entering the promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Submission of an entry will also be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Promotional materials relating to the promotion, including all information on how to enter the published online, in restaurant and on social media, also form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions take precedence.
The promoter of this Promotion is Marugame Udon (Europe) Ltd; Pure Offices, Kestrel Court, Waterwells Drive, Gloucester, GL2 2AT, UK.
Participation in the Promotion
1. The Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom. The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Promotion:
A. employees and agents of the Marugame Udon (Europe) Ltd;
B. employees and agents of any organisation directly connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies;
C. the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents referred to in (b) and (c); and
D. individuals under 18 years of age.
2. The promotion starts at 00:01 am (UK time) on 19/07/2022 and closes at 23:59 PM (UK time) on 12/09/2022 (the promotion period). Any entries received outside the promotion period will be void.
3. Participants may make a maximum of ten entry per person during the promotion period. Participants may only win one prize per person; (plus they may receive a free bowl of udon reward in addition as described below). Irrespective of the number of entries submitted. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are prohibited and will be void.
4. To enter you must upload a photo or video to either Instagram or Tiktok using the hashtag #SlurpOff ands tagging @marugameuk during the promotion period only. The entrant must be a follower of Marugame UK on the associated channel at the winners are selected.
5. Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. No purchase of any product or service is required to enter into this promotion.
Winners and Prizes
1. There will be 3 grand prizes – all winners will be chosen from all valid entries after the end of the promotional period according to the terms and conditions.
2. The prizes are outlined below.
3. Please refer to the individual holiday prize for the specific terms and conditions, inclusions and validity period. Prizes exclude UK transfers. Winner and guests responsible for getting to and from UK airport at their own expense. Winners and their guest must travel on same itinerary. All parts of prize must be used in conjunction with same booking. Winner and their guest are solely responsible for ensuring they have valid travel documentation (including passport/visa/visa waiver as may be required), obtaining adequate travel insurance and appropriate vaccinations / inoculations for foreign travel at their own expense. Spending money is not included in the prize.
4. The grand prize holiday winner will be required to share photographs from the trip for use in future marketing purposes by Marugame Udon (Europe) Ltd.
5. The winners will be selected based on the below criteria from all valid entries for this promotion received during the promotion period by a panel of judges from Marugame Udon (Europe) Ltd. The judge’s decision will be final.
FOR VIDEO ENTRIES
A. The loudness of the noodle slurp
B. The noodle slurping technique
C. Artistic merit of the submission
FOR PHOTO ENTRIES
A. The noodle slurping technique
B. Artistic merit of the submission
Prize 1 – Trip to Tokyo for two
One lucky winner will win a 7 night trip for two adults on a bed & breakfast basis in Tokyo hotel. The prize will include two return economy flights from a UK airport to Tokyo, and 7 nights in a hotel in hotel, and choice of excursions in Japan, with a total prize value up to a value of £3,500. Flights, hotel and excursion are required to be booked through Marugame Udon (Europe) Ltd’s preferred travel booker (Flight Centre) directly. The prize will be provided as a Flight Centre gift voucher for £3,500. All dates subject to availability, the winner must contact Marugame Udon (Europe) Ltd in the first instance and will be put in touch with the preferred travel booker to book travel and hotel. The winner will be required to make their own way to their destination UK airport. This prize is non-transferable. The prize may be taken up to end of 2023. The prize cannot be extended, transferred or exchanged for cash (either in full or in part) and only used in one single transaction. Advanced booking is required and is subject to availability. All other charges such as any local hotel taxes, additional meals, room service, beverages, telephone calls, internet, and spending money, personal purchases will be your responsibility and will need to be settled with the hotel prior to your departure. Travel to and from airport at both ends, travel insurance and spending money are not included within the prize. Not valid during special events, Airport transfers are not included. Book by beginning of April 2023.
Prize 2 – A years supply of free udon
One lucky winner will win a years supply of free udon; you will get £50 added to your Marugame Club card each month for 12 months from October 2022 to October 2023 this can be used in any company owned Marugame Udon restaurant in the UK. This prize is non-transferable. The winner must be a Marugame Club member and the prize will be added to the club members Marugame Club Card and must be redeemed by scanning the Marugame Club card at the till at each transaction. The prize may not be extended, transferred or exchanged for cash. Any left over balance at the end of each month will be forfeited.
Prize 3 – £50 Marugame Udon Voucher
One lucky winner will £50 to spend in any company owned Marugame Udon (Europe) Ltd restaurant within the UK. This prize is non-transferable. The prize will be given as a digital gift voucher and will be valid for 13 months from the date of issue.
Additional rewards throughout the campaign period– Free bowl of udon up to the value of £5.95
Weekly throughout the promotional period a minimum of two entries will be selected weekly to be used in additional promotional material (online and offline; in restaurant and via digital channels). Entrants will be contacted weekly and offered a free bowl of udon as a condition of permission to use the video or image for marketing purposes.
The Free udon voucher will be added to entrants Marugame Club cards and the club card must be scanned at the till to be redeemed. The reward can be redeemed for a three month period from the date of issue.
The reward can be used for any udon (or rice) bowl; if a bowl higher than £5.95 is chosen a discount of £5.95 will be applied and the entrant will just pay the difference. There is no cash alternative and no change given.
Being offered, and accepting or declining for your video or image to be used will bear no relevance on your chance to win the main prizes. Main prize winner may or may not have been offered a free bowl during the promotional period.
Winner announcement and claiming of prizes
1. Winners will be notified within 14 days of the end of the promotional period on Instagram or Tiktok (wherever the entry was posted). The winners will be asked to share their contact details so
we can confirm your prize win on email. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winners during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available after 14 days of initial contact, the promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received during the promotion period. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
2. Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 14 days of having been notified. If a winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified or a winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible email address for receipt of their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
3. The prize will be delivered within a reasonable time and by no later than 28 days after the prize has been accepted.
4. The Promoter will make available a list of winners, subject to any objections from the relevant individuals. For a copy of the list, please send an email no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period to email@example.com stating for which Promotion you would like winners’ details. If a winner objects to this information being made available, they should inform the Promoter at the earliest opportunity using email firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners acknowledge that the Promoter may still be required to share their details with the Advertising Standards Authority or other regulators..
1. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
3. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of the prize provider or any third parties concerned in any way with the Promotion. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to the prize provider.
4. Unless otherwise stated in the promotional materials, this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize (although, if you win, your details may be disclosed to the prize provider in order to provide you with the prize).
5. Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Other than where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant’s ability to participate in the Promotion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Without prejudice to an entrant’s statutory rights and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up a prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
6. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its reasonable discretion, it becomes necessary to do so. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Promotion.
7. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking,
deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions in its reasonable discretion. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website www.marugame.co.uk
9. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
Data Protection and Publicity
2. The promoter is required to either publish or make available information that indicates a valid award took place. As such, the Promoter will publish the surname and county of major prize winners OR send the surname and county of major prize winners to anyone that contacts the Promoter at the address given above by no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period.
3. If a winner objects to any or all of their surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, they should contact the Promoter at the address given above. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to competent authorities, including the Advertising Standard Authority, on request.
Welcome to the club
Our way of saying thank you for making Marugame a part of your everyday. Collect 'Bowl Stamps' on every visit to enjoy ongoing freebies, treats and rewards.